Sunday, July 8, 2012

Growing so Fast

I haven't blogged in quite some time, so I think it is about due. As Caleb gets older, I find myself loving him more and more each day. He is currently 5.5 months old wearing 6-9 month clothes (of which some of those are even starting to get too small) because of how long he is. It is exciting to see him grow but soooo many of his clothes were either only worn once or not at all. What stinks about him growing so fast is that he is in a place where he is almost ready for 9-12 month but the clothes that we already have for that size are primarily meant to be for winter. (If he were on track, winter clothes at 9-12 months would have been appropriate.) Now I am worried that some of my favorite outfits for that age will go unworn because he will be too big by the time that season hits. Since he is longer, I realized I don't really have any warmer weather clothing that would work for the next few months, so when I go to stores now, I always scope out the sales racks. We have come across some good 12 month bargains that will hopefully work in a month or so. (sad face)

Right now Caleb LOVES:
*Eating- Oh man. He loves when I put him in that high chair. He loves when he sees me making a bottle. He also loves when he sees me prepping getting ready to nurse him. lol. With all three, his eyes get really wide, he starts shaking his head from side to side and stretches his hands out to try and grab whatever it is that he wants. He even starts yelling if I am not moving quick enough for his hungry belly. I have also just started giving him a sippy cup and he LOVES that thing. Most of the time he just chews on it, but he is able to drink out of it.



*Grabbing- If he can reach it, he will grab it. If he can grab it, it will go in his mouth! He loves to grab faces, hair, toys, Ella....anything!


*Chewing- He has had a few stubborn teeth lately. One in particular broke the surface about a month ago and hasn't been seen since. Because of these pesty teeth, he puts anything in his mouth he can and clamps down. Hard. Sometimes he catches me by surprise and it actually hurts. I always say, "Ouch! That hurts mommy!"---and the stinker just laughs at me.


*Wonder Pets- Oh. My. Goodness. This kid can be in the most unrecognizable bad mood, but when he hears the theme song and animals singing, he laughs and perks right up!

*Talking Screaming- Caleb has really started to like the sound of his own voice- particularly high pitched shrills.


*Laughing- He thinks everything is soooo funny and will go into the most adorable giggle fits.


*Bath time- He gets so excited at night when I take him into the bathroom and run his bath water. He straightens his legs, screams and laughs. Soo sweet. 



*Sleeping- We have a kid who loves to sleep. He consistently sleeps through the night getting 10-12 hours each night. He also will take 1-2 naps a day ranging from 1 hour to 3 hours.



*People watching- (specifically his cousins, Aubrey and Rayleigh) He becomes so lost just sitting back and observing everything. He is fascinated by the twins, but then again, they are pretty fascinated by him too!



Right now Caleb HATES:
*Green beans/Peas- Poor guy gags so bad he sometimes vomits.


*Being stuck in one position for too long- He isn't able to sit up on his own or crawl or anything, so he becomes frustrated in his lack of mobility. I am hoping that this frustration is the push he needs to become mobile....even though I don't know that I am ready for a mobile baby, lol.



I cant really think of any more hates. He is just such a happy guy and is so easy going, there isn't much that he doesn't seem to like. Every baby has their days or moments, but overall, this kid is pretty fantastic!!



*Unrelated*
3 weeks until my summer break is over. HUGE bummer. I don't want to go back quite yet. I LOVE all of my time with my babes. I also have really enjoyed the freedom. In fact, I have read 4 books on my summer break so far.

I had a realization about graduate school the other day. I don't hate it. Yes, I complain about it a lot- but I do really like school. I am good at it and I like to learn. The loathing comes from the courses that seem like BS to me. For example, the course I am in right now is FANTASTIC and I am actually really enjoying it. I have worked ahead and submitted most assignments early. If all of my courses were like this I would have very little to complain about.





No comments:

Post a Comment