In just a few days I have to go back to work and leave him for 8.5-9 hours a day. This breaks my heart...obviously. Some people may say, "Just stay home," but I don't have tons of school debt to give up now. I love teaching. I love my coworkers. I am looking forward to getting back to work....but at the same time- I am not looking forward to leaving this precious child.
Luckily for me, my aunt, mom and dad will be watching him (as well as my husband and from time to time, visits from my sister). I couldnt ask for a better group of people to watch the love of my life. I know he will be in good hands and that is such a comfort.
I can't believe how big he is getting. I swear he has gotten so much bigger in just the past few weeks---and not just length and weight--in overall alertness and responsiveness. I have been able to observe him for a while now and here is what I have noticed:
He LOVES:
His floor play mat with the keyboard at the end
He
Tummy time on the floor
He LOVES:
Mommy and daddy talking to him
| (8 DAYS OLD) |
He HATES:
Car rides. (He doesnt really hate them...but I dont think he likes them.)
He LOVES:
His pacifier.
He HATES:
Waiting 90 seconds for the bottle warmer to warm his bottle.
He LOVES:
To be swaddled to sleep. Actually... I think he may hate it initially, but he sleeps sooo good when he is in it.
He HATES:
Being dried and getting lotioned up after a bath. I believe he is thinking "WTF! PUT CLOTHES ON ME ALREADY!"
He LOVES:
Bath time. (as do I)
He LOVES: (I am running out of hates)
Snuggles. He likes to lie diagonally across me when upset. It calms him.
He LOVES:
To be outside. He is mesmerized by it.
i just love this baby

No comments:
Post a Comment