Tuesday and Wednesday went similarly. Tuesday was Mike's first day watching Caleb for an extended amount of time and it went really well. He said Caleb had a good day and so did he. When I went to pick Caleb up on Wednesday, he was so happy to see me and it melted my heart. I took him to Meijer and he just thought I was the funniest thing. Seriously best feeling ever.
Today, Thursday, the honeymoon phase at school ended. The kids were not listening, excessively talkative and pushing all of the limits. I wrote 4 Minor Infraction Sheets (a behavioral documentation sheet that is less severe than a referral). I am not the type of teacher to yell. I do not see the benefit of it. All it does is stress me out- it doesnt correct poor decision making by pubescent pre-adolesencents. Instead we talk about how disappointed I am and how the poor choices they make reflect them as a person. I don't know how much this gets through to some of them, but it really works with others.
When I left school I went to my sister's to get my bebe! He was sleepy and not all that into me. THats fine. No worries. (He was into his uncle Raymond though!) He fell asleep in the car and slept another two hours at home. I dont really mind, it was cuddle time, but its not the same as awake time. After he woke he ate and we played for a bit. Suddenly it is 7 and he is starting to get cranky so I know we need to do bath time to distract him. As I was reading to him while he was in the bath, I started to get emotional because I wasnt ready for my little buddy to go to bed. I felt like I had barely any time with him. After his bath I swaddled him, fed him a few oz. of formula (this has been my trick to helping him sleep from 8-530 all week) and nursed him. He was OUT in like 10 minutes. So yes. Another night where my guy is asleep at 7:45. SOOO SAD! (obviously I am excited to have a good sleeper...I just miss him)
This now brings me to how happy I am that tomorrow is Friday. Overall, my first week back was amazing. Tomorrow is jeans day and then I get 2 days with my love. How could I not see the silver lining?? Also, a plus to a not so good day was when my mom called to tell me how much she loved Caleb. I never doubted her, but she said she just loves spending time with him because he is so happy and laughs so much. It means so much to me to hear this and that other people get to see his amazing personality.
![]() |
| This is from tonight before bath time. It's like he is an 8 year old. So grown. |

No comments:
Post a Comment