- 1.) If you wanted to help you would. This logic isn't the best because it assumes that if someone doesnt offer to help, it is because they do not care---when really...they just might not think I need or want help.
- 2.) I don't always mind "doing everything" but I appreciate the offer. When it comes to Caleb I just feel like he is my responsibility and that I like spending time with him- so why ask for help?
These two reasons, unfortunately, lead me to resentment. It is dumb...and irrational...but poor mike...I am so quick to get mad at him sometimes. I am good about knowing when I am being unreasonable, and will let him know that I know I am being unfair. We both have things we could work on, but I know I could be better about asking him to help with something rather than being upset he can't read my mind.
This takes me to how much I LOVE my husband. He is such an unbelievable daddy. He loves that kid so much and is so good with him. He is really good at calming him if he is upset and loves to talk and play with him.
So I am big on non-verbal cues. I am an observer and a lot of how I act around people is based off of how I see other people act and the reactions of people around them.
- I see the way people look at you when you are being self absorbed and talking about yourself all of the time = I try to not talk about myself too much.
- I know how I feel when you monopolize a whole conversation and I only say a word or two and you dont even seem to notice = I try to make sure conversations are more than just me talking
- I know how I feel when I dont think you have a heard a word I say because you are focused on what you want to say....and interrupt me to say it = I try not to interrupt
- I see you ask how Caleb is/how I like being a mommy and turn to talk to someone else as I answer = I keep my answers short
- Everything you say is a complaint/something negative = I try to embrace the good
- I saw and heard how people reacted to your decision = unfortunately, even if I want to, I don't feel like I can make the same one
It is crazy how I am almost back to my prepregnacy weight (I gained 40 and have lost 34) yet my body is SOO different. I cannot fit into prepregnancy jeans and shirts look hideous. I knew my body would change, but I think I may have been in denial about it. I can't wait to start working out again...except that I will likely want immediate results and I wont want to be away from Caleb.
I hate how fast time flies. I mean, I will have been off for 6 weeks this wednesday. Luckily I still have 4 more to go, but I HATE how fast it has gone. The day just flies by. I have so many things I need to do and feel like I rarely get anything done. Grad work. CIA Yearbook. Housely duties. *yes I made up housely* Renew drivers license. Pay bills. If I am having a hard time now, I am sure it will only get easier when I go back to work. Right??
Back to work??? Yes. Cannot wait. My students have been perfectly behaved so it will be nice to go back to them. I am so proud of their self-control and respect for authority. It's comforting to know they have done welll in my absence and that there have been 0 behavioral issues. ::shakes head in denial::
Lastly, I tried to have my first experience away from Caleb. I know it is important for me to not have my first time away from him the day I go back to work. So I decided I needed to go buy new jeans and I was going to leave him with Mike....you know...his father...who is FULLY capable of taking care of him. Well just as I was getting ready to leave, I started crying and decided I didnt really need any jeans. Mike smiled and said, "Do you need us to go with you?" and they came with me. lol. I went to Old Navy and they went to Dicks. Essentially, I did get alone time...but felt comfort because I knew they were "with me." :)
omg! I so hope that you are not talking about me!! If you are, I really am so sorry! I know that day that you came to school, I felt like I couldnt really talk or visit very long because all of the kids were around and I didnt want them getting too close to Caleb and if I took my eyes off of them too long, they were going to get rowdy!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a long 6 weeks without you! I miss you a lot! Especially since your kids have been so well behaved in your absence!
To be honest, I am so sorry that I havent offered to help, but I feel like there isnt a whole lot I can do....if I came over to help clean (which I would totally actually like to do..I dont mind cleaning other peoples houses!), I would have to bring the boys, but that wont work!I dont really cook, so I havent offered to bring you a meal! But I can totally help you get work things done. Like make copies, do your learning logs, help with plans.....and when/if you get to a point that you would like a night out (or a couple of hours!) like in a year or two, I would love to babysit, but I know you have a lot of family that would be really upset about that, but I am willing.......
You are so sweet! That you cried before you left! Oh, to experience love like that! Its so amazing!
You are the bestest thing! I still need to actually "talk" to you...if you havent already been "talked" to....and I hope you still are friends with me!