Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reflecting on month 1

I cannot believe that a month ago today I was given the best gift in the world!!


I am really lucky to have already had 4 weeks off with him and I still have 6 to go. I could have probably taken the rest of the school year, but I really don't mind going back to work. I am going to miss him, like ridiculously so..but I only have to get through 7-8 weeks and then its summer break. :)

So now that he is a month old, he is almost to the point where he smiles at mike and me in reaction to something we do. I can't wait for that first smile or first laugh. I need to get a video recorder so I dont miss anything. I have already noticed that his cry is different. I know that sounds weird, but when he was first born, he had the CUTEST cry. It quivered at the end and melted my heart. Mike noticed yesterday that he doesnt do it anymore. It made me sad because it was sooooo cute! Should have recorded it.

I feel lucky because I have him to bed by 10 every night. On REALLY good nights, he is in bed by 8:30. I normally start the process between 8-8:30. Most nights he sleeps 3-5 hours at a time and wakes just long enough to eat for 20-30 minutes and falls right back to sleep. I am ok with this routine. :)

My current struggle is helping him take naps during the day without him needing to be held. I decided to help him by recreating what I do for his nighttime routine. I swaddle him and rock him and hopefully it will work. We are 15 minutes into nap time and I am hoping for an hour or more. Guess we will see!!

I also havent been away from him yet. :-/ Every moment of his life...I have been there. I may try to give mike some alone time and go buy a pair of jeans soon....and maybe we will try a date night soon. I just dont want to be away from him...but if I am going back to work, I know I will need to experience it sooner rather than later.


Happy 1 month birthday, baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment