Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mr. Man is Getting Bigger

Why are you getting so big? I knew this would happen....but so soon?? You're only 2 1/2 weeks old!!

At 2 and a half weeks old:

-I can already tell by looking at you that you're bigger. You are longer and more filled out. Some of your newborn clothes are getting too small.


Only a few days old here. I can tell a huge difference already!

-You love to snuggle and lay on your belly. Your favorite is to lay snuggled up on my chest near my neck. You are also getting more fond of tummy time.


LOVE THIS FACE!!!!!  (loving on auntie jodie)

-When you lay on my chest or your tummy, you are able to hold your head up. Last night, I cried because you held it up for almost 30 seconds just looking around the room. Seriously....stop getting so big!!

-The night we got home from the hospital, we tried putting you in this Infant-to-Toddler Rocker and you were too small. Your head fell forward. Luckily daddy noticed how to make it appropriate for infants. Today I tried it out as a rocker and you fit just fine!!!! Seriously.....stop getting so big!!!


Playing in your rocker

-I just realized today that I haven't read any books to you. I don't know what I was thinking!! I changed that and you just sat on my lap and looked at the books I read to you. I know it is a combination of being comforted from my touch and my voice, but I would LOVE it if you loved for me to read to you.

-After some advice from friends, last night was the first night you slept in your crib. ((YOU ARE SOO BIG!!)) It went wonderfully. I fed you, rocked you and had you asleep and laying in your crib at 10:30. I turned on the "heartbeat" sound on your mobile, checked the monitor and went to bed. You slept until 2:30!! I was able to feed you and put you back to sleep by 3 and then  you slept until 7! Then I fed you and you stayed awake until 8:30ish...napped until 10:30....we played and you are starting to nap again at noon. I know this sounds choppy, but with you not being right next to me, I got a deeper sleep. I am assuming you did too because I didn't pick you up at every little murmur you made.

-You alread have a ton of nicknames: Bubby. Bubba. Bubs. Little Man. Mr. Man. I tend to call you Bubby a lot. Not sure where it came from...just kind of happened.

-As much as I love watching you learn and grow, I don't mind if you slow down. You aren't far away from already being a month old. I am not looking forward to that. ((Well maybe a little)) :) 

We love you more than either one of us could have imagined

I LOVE YOU, BUBBY!

3 comments:

  1. He is absolutely beautiful Sarah! I am so happy for all of you! What a happy little family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy how fast it goes, huh. :-/ just wait, he'll be a year old like, tomorrow. Then 26 months the day after that. People always said it goes by so fast, but you don't really know until you experience it yourself.
    that being said... cuddle him all he'll let you now while you can! <3 :)
    and gosh, he reminds me so much of Rayleigh lol. She held her head up and looked around, has similar features, and those facial expressions! And somehow she ended up w/ more nicknames than Aubrey too...
    anyway, slow down Mr. Bubby Man!

    ReplyDelete