Saturday, January 19, 2013

not always sunshine lollypops

I never expected that being a mom would be so hard.

Lately, I feel like the majority of Caleb's behaviors around me are either whining, crying or biting. On school nights I chalk it up to that he has gone all day not seeing me and is sleepy. It doesn't make it any easier, but at least I think there is a reason for his behaviors. Then we get to the weekends and I am so happy to spend time with him....but its more of the same: whining, crying and biting. I try feeding him. Playing with him. Laying him down. Reading to him. I feel like he hates me. I know he doesn't and I am being irrational but I didn't want to just update my status with a "woe is me" update about how I feel like Caleb doesn't like me.

Maybe he is getting frustrated that he can't verbally communicate. Maybe he is trying to be more independent. Maybe it's those two teeth about to pop through.

Whatever it is, I know I shouldn't take it so personal. I love that boy more than anything and just want him to be happy. I hope that he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment