Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day and P90X

I haven't blogged in a while and it isn't for a lack of words to share. Trust me. I have lots on my mind.

Where to begin...

Well, this time last year, this handsome baby was conceived. :) TMI? Oh well.


So yay! Happy mother's day to me. My first ever. I have had a fantastic weekend so far.

I made a flower bed 2 years ago, but didnt dig up the grass. My goal was to fix it last summer, but I was pregnant and nauseous so I figured I would fix it this summer. Here is the before and after:
It could look better...I realize this...but it was a lot of work and I feel proud of myself. I love gardening. So therapeutic and rewarding. I planted flowers and seeds in the front yard too--I just love it.

After working in the flower beds, I let my guy go swimming for the first time. Who's kidding who, the water was less than whats in his bath, but it was still fun! I just love that hat and those trunks. The shirt is a bit too small, so we will have to get a new one...but still. What fun! (is expression is clearly in agreeance with me) haha

After swimming, we laid on a blanket in the backyard for a while and played and talked and laughed. He rolled from his belly to back and just enjoyed being outside with me.

(pardon the no make up look. No point when working outside all day)


Lastly, Mike and I are starting P90X again tomorrow. I am so stoked and so nervous at the same time. Last time we did it, we got EXCELLENT results. I lost around 20 pounds and 36 inches. I felt fantastic. I am nervous this time because I know what a time commitment it is and unfortunately, free time is something I do not have a lot of. This time around I am in graduate school....oh...and I am a mommy. :) I was going back and looking at my pictures from Jan-March 2011 and was shocked with my progress. Im looking forward to comparing pics and seeing results.
P90X Round 1 end Results-- March 2011

I am not really sure what kind of goals to set for myself this time. After having a baby, my body seems foreign to me. Its just so different. Even if I can get back to this good of shape, the stretch marked stomach will add a nice touch. :)

Wish me luck!

Oh...and happy Mother's Day to all of the phenomenal mommies out there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment