Your life is flying by and I worry so much that I will forget something that I currently cherish. You are growing, learning and changing everyday...and it would be tragic if I forgot some of the fond memories I have of you. Auntie Crystal updates cute things the girls say every month or so and I think I need to do something similar so I do not forget! So, here is an update on what you are like as a 14 month old:
Right now, you love to show us where your eyes, noes and teeth are. Your favorite is to show us your nose. And by nose, I mean that you like to put your finger up your nose and wait for us to laugh at you...which we always do.

Dancing. You love music and start moving your arms from side to side...then sometimes slap your chest and spin around. It is truly adorable.
You are very responsive. Whenever we ask you a question you will nod your head "yes" 95% of the time. Yesterday, we wanted to go out but you didn't have any pants on. Daddy told you that pants were a prerequisite for going out and you nodded your head like you understood. Then daddy asked if you knew what a "prerequisite" was, and of course you shook your head yes. :)
Words you say regularly: Up (sounds like "pa" but you put your hands up and we always know what you mean), dada, buh-bye, ball.
![]() |
| "Pa" aka Up |
Words you say semi-regularly: hi, Ella, mama
You understand and can communicate: more, all done, bath, toothbrush, toothpaste, cup...and basic instructions like "give this to daddy" or "your cup is in the kitchen" or "do you want to brush your teeth? Where is your toothpaste?"
You really like to do what YOU want to do. If daddy or I tell you that you can't do something...talk about Melt. Down. I am sure you get frustrated that you cannot communicate with us, just like we get frustrated that you don't always listen.
Speaking of not always listening, you are in a new habit of smacking mommy when you get mad from me telling you "no" to something or basically doing something you do not want to do. You have also pulled my hair a few times. We started putting you in timeout when you hit...esp when you hit out of anger. The first few times you cried and sat there until we got you up. A few times you just smiled. One time in particular you got up without permission and daddy told you to sit back down and you turned around and sat back down. ((We were pretty proud of that!))
The weather just got warm enough for us to go outside and you are very hesitant about walking on the grass but love to be out there. You hate coming back inside.

You LOVE to be naked.
You're obsessed with your belly button! Everywhere you go, you will pull that shirt up and put your finger in your belly button.

At bedtime, mommy and daddy always walk you in and you give us lots of kisses. Then we lay you on your back and turn on your mobile and surround you with your stuffed animals. It's a nightly tradition that melts my heart.

Speaking of kissing, you open your mouth as far as it can go, stick out your tongue, and lean into our face. I love your messy kisses.
You are more drawn to men than women, even women you know. You are more likely to go to a male or kiss a male even before your grandma(s) or aunt(s).
You are really good at putting your toys away. You especially like when we throw them into a bucket or your toy chest. You have quite an arm on you!
Clapping. Whenever you do something you are proud of, you love to clap for yourself. Whenever you do something that mommy and daddy are proud of, we are quick to clap for you and you just eat it up. You love recognition for your greatness.
You make this face that I love. It is a smile..but you like...pucker your lips or something. No pictures do it justice.


Also, you ROCK at sleeping. You sleep 11-12 hours at night and a 1.5-3 hour nap during the day. Thank you. Seriously...thank you! :)
Love you sooo much, bubba!
Mama

This is one of those pictures with really great contrast. You're engaged in conversation, while Caleb's attention is focused elsewhere, yet you both couldn't be more physically connected. Great shot and kudos to whoever captured this. ;) AA*
ReplyDelete