To get back on track with the purpose of this blog....I remember going to find out the gender of Caleb and having a basic idea of names we liked but were not 100% set. When we found out it was a boy...I couldn't believe how real it all became. As we walked to the car, Mike said, "I think we should go with Caleb" and then suggested Ethan for the middle name because he knew how much I have always loved the name Ethan. I remember being soo excited about having our name picked before we told our family members the gender. I felt like it really make this baby seem like a real person.
This brings me to pregnancy #2. We came across our boy name no problem. Both were new to this pregnancy and it just seemed so perfect. (Nolan James) There wasn't much debate. Girl names, however, was a different story. We still had the names we loved from pregnancy 1 (Corinne, Emily, Sophia) but found this new new name we loved: Teagan. The problem now was that we had 4 names and didnt know how to arrange them. We LOVED the alliteration behind Caleb and Corinne and LOVED the idea of Corinne Emily because she would have the same initials as Caleb Ethan...but we didn't feel like Corinne Emily had a nice flow to it. Also, that was most likely going to be Caleb's name if he were a girl...and was it fair for this new baby to have a recycled name?
This brought us to realizing that Sophia was too random. We liked it, but we didn't have a real connection to it. So..
Now we had Emily (a favorite of mine since childhood), Corinne (a favorite from pregnancy #1) and Teagan (a new unique favorite to this pregnancy). I made the tough decision to narrow it down to two:
This left us with 2 names. While we loved the alliteration of Caleb and Corinne, we agreed that Corinne Teagan didn't flow as much as Teagan Corinne AND Teagan was the only new name to this pregnancy...and we felt we should use the name we were most excited about with THIS pregnancy as her first name and our favorite from last pregnancy as her middle name.
(((We also decided to go from Teagan to Tegan because every time I saw it with the 'a' I thought of the drink tea...and I just didn't like it. We also briefly talked about Teegan but it made me think of a golf tee...)))
Soooo that is the story behind our little Tegan Corinne whom we will hopefully meet in 18-20 weeks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment